Jason's Travel Blog

Thought I would set up a blog so that my family and friends can keep up to date with where I am at and what I am doing with myself these days.. Enjoy!

Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Snow in Vancouver!.. What The?!?

So.. from everyone that I've talked to in Vancouver, whenever I asked them if it snows at all in the city I was disappointed when they told me that it was very rare that it did, and even when it did, it was extremely little amounts of snow. Well to my amazement! I think I've shocked everyone that I know in Vancouver with my presence!! It seems as soon as I landed, they started getting record breaking EVERYTHING!!.. to start.. the weather was EXTREMELY WET and WINDY! break record amounts of rainfall.. then they had the brown water problem which was record breaking, and NOW!.. they get RECORD SNOWFALL!! and I MEAN SNOW FALL!!!.. like 46cm worth!! in lower mainland VANCOUVER!!!..Shots taken below..

These shots below were taken at Minoru Park near Richmond (where I'm staying at the moment)










Well along with great snow comes GREAT snowboarding!! I was fortunate enough to pick up some REALLY cheap Helly Hansen gear at one of their clearance outlets.. Thanks Amy!.. I went up to Cypress Mountain with some of Amy's friends, Rick, Heidi, and Carmen.. we had an absolute blast! I was so happy to be able to pick up the sport sooo quickly!.. within 20mins or so Rick had me up on the Green downhill runs with the rest of them! I had a few big stacks, but with so much fresh powder it didn't really hurt at the time.. although as of writing this my WHOLE body is soooo sore! :(...muscles and all.. Now to get my own Board and Bindings!!!..


Here I am decked out in my new Snowboarding outfit :)..



Heidi, Rick, and Carmen


My attempt at making a Snow Angel :D

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home